14 June 2013

Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines

Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3)


3.5 stars

To be perfectly honest, I vacillated many, many times as to how to rate this book. Finally, after sleeping on it and thinking about it, I finally settled for 3.5. I wish I could give this one a solid 4 or even a 5 but there were too many things that bothered me.

Anyway, onto the review. Let's start with the good first.


 



Rush and Blaire
I'm glad these two finally had their HEA. Loved the first book, didn't care for the second one, and this time, Rush and Blaire had me swooning once again. Well, at least, when they weren't doing anything stupid like running off without talking it out with your partner!!(Yes, I'm talking to you Blaire!) Anyway, more on that later but seriously, you guys, I loved (view spoiler)[their wedding especially when Rush serenaded Blaire as she walked down the aisle. *sigh* And when Rush gave Blaire her something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue, I was swooned!! (hide spoiler)] That was the highlight for me. I wish there were more of that, which totally sucked.

The "teaser" POVs
Yes, we get two teaser POVs. I say teaser because we get to read these POVs twice each, I think. I will not say who these POVs belong to but one thing for sure, these two will be getting their own books soon. :DD

The writing
Another factor that I enjoyed in this book is the writing. Abbi Glines has a way with keeping the readers glued to the book, forsaking food and even sleep until the book is finished. Heck, I could not put this book down. Her writing style just sucked me right in. Plus, she certainly knows how to infuse steam into her books, which is always a plus for me.



Now, let's go into the not-so-pleasant things in this book...

First off, Nan. Enough said. She just went from bad to worse and I have a feeling, we haven't seen the last of her drama. Apparently, Nan has to continue to be a first-class bitch for this story to progress. It was just too much and she was saying the same thing over and over and over again. :(

I also wasn't happy when my suspicions were confirmed about Grant and Nan having something-something on the side. Argh! There better be some good explanation for this!

Second, Rush totally buying Nan's bullshit for nth time and Blaire running off with talking it out with Rush. I mean seriously?? That was just annoying.

Third, the abrupt ending. Not even going into that one. I wanted a freaking grand epilogue, okay! I could care less about Woods and Della! They're going to have their own book! WTH!! I was totally bummed!


Fans of Abbi Glines will no doubt love this one. The things I mentioned above are personal and as I have said, I enjoyed reading it in spite of the issues. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment