08 August 2013

{Review} Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux, #1)

5 amazing stars!!

I apologize in advance for this review. I may have went a little overboard with my Daemon gifs, some of which adds absolutely nothing to my review. But what the hell, I like looking at them, so they stay in my review.

Peace.


You know what they say right? It's better late than never. Well, it's safe to say that I'm late to the whole Daemon Black obsession train. I'm also late when it comes to the whole "Jennifer L. Armentrout is an amazing writer" train. But damn if that stopped me from loving this book.

Daemon Black


He takes the award for being the hottest alien around. I mean, come on, dark hair, green eyes and a rock hard body? Plus, he had this whole mysterious vibe to him, which is understandable since he's an alien for crying out loud! And him being an arrogant jerk didn't detract but instead added to his appeal.

But enough about him. Let's talk about her, too.

Katy

Loved Katy's character from the get go. She's the perfect foil for Daemon and although she's not an alien, she has, on more that one occasion, held her own against Daemon and against a few Arums. Very brave, very resourceful and very snarky which makes for a really fun reading.

And not to mention that Daemon and Katy has sizzling hot chemistry. JLA writes one heck of steamy book without the two main characters ever having sex. Just a lot of hot looks, meaningful touches and viola, you have loads of sexual tension in your hand. Sometimes I forget that these characters are in high school. It should have been wrong in so many levels but I didn't really care.


This is only the first book in the series and I am definitely hooked right now. So far, I loved everything about this book. I loved the secondary characters especially Dee and I can't wait to see more of them in the upcoming books.



No comments:

Post a Comment