Last Second Chance
Release Date: May 12, 2014
When Stella Jo Chandler gets an offer to work at the Second Chance Ranch celebrity rehab facility right after graduating from Texas A&M, she’s tempted to turn it down. She wants to help real people with real problems, not spoiled celebrities going on vacation for publicity. But growing up on her family’s ranch left her with a love of horses that draws her to the opportunity. How bad can babysitting a bunch of strung out celebrities be?
What she didn’t count on was being roped into a tangled mess with infamous rocker and three-time rehab drop out Van Ransom on her first day. And she sure didn’t expect to feel the overwhelming attraction that pulls her to the man who has more issues than she can count on both hands. Like the hotel rooms and tour buses he’s famous for trashing, the havoc he could wreak on Stella’s heart would be irreparable.
TOP TEN WRITING MUST HAVES
I get asked about my writing process and where I write so I wanted to share my Top Ten MUST HAVE’s for writing sessions!
1. My MacBook Air (& its charger)– It’s light and travels well!
2. My headphones/ear buds – Because not everyone in the library/bookstore/coffee shop wants to hear my Spotify book soundtrack apparently. (weirdos)
3. A pen & notebook – Yes, I write lots of things out by hand still! Call me old fashioned! #iprefervintage
4. My iPhone – The notes app is my friend!
5. Bottled water – so I don’t dehydrate
6. Iced coffee – So I can stay awake
7. My reading glasses – For years I got migraines while typing, until I started wearing them! #lifesaver
8. Snacks – Sometimes it’s chocolate, or granola and dried fruit, or a protein bar, just something so I don’t get hunger headaches.
9. Pepcid Complete – Not kidding. My characters give me indigestion. Or it could be number 6…
10. Excedrin Migraine – Are you sensing a theme with the headaches yet? Hours at the computer and looong nights make this miracle drug very necessary. I might be slowly destroying my liver or something, but writers gotta write! ;)
So there is my complete (and very unglamorous) list of writing session must haves!
How did the idea for Van & Stella’s story come to you?
My husband and I were looking at places to vacation and we came across this ranch in Texas (The Wild Catter) and it looked so secluded and private that I thought it’d make a great rehabilitation facility for celebrity types. I already knew that I’d write about one, but it was the model for the Second Chance Ranch.
How many books are planned for the Second Chance series?
Four definitely, possibly two additional ones. Each one is a stand alone with different characters that somehow incorporates the ranch.
How is this series different from your previous Kylie Ryans series?
It’s a lot grittier and sexier. In Kylie’s series, her career was as much a character as she was, but in this series there’s more focus on addiction and darker, more personal issues.
What was the hardest part about putting out something new and different than what your readers were used to?
The fear that everyone would hate it! Or that they’d think I was just jumping on the erotica bandwagon. I always knew I would write something darker and sexier, more adult than New Adult, after Kylie’s series, but not all of my readers were expecting that leap. Fortunately they held my hand the whole way! I am very blessed to have such loyal and precious readers!
What’s your favorite part about being an indie author?
Having so much control over the cover, the formatting, the price and the release dates.
Least favorite part?
Being responsible for making decisions about the cover, the formatting, the price and the release dates. ;)
What’s one thing that readers might find surprising about you?
I write my books out of order! I always thought I was doing it wrong, writing scenes this way, until I met several other writers at retreats that did the exact same thing.
What can we look forward to from you?
There will be a surprise release this summer that’s a part of the Keep Me Still world, and Falling for Fate this fall, which is the next book in the Second Chance series.
Coffee or Tea? Sweet Tea please!
Chocolate or Vanilla? Definitely chocolate!
Billionaires or Cowboys? Cowboys
PC or Mac? Mac, but that’s a recent change.
Night Owl or Early Bird? Definitely a night owl ;) It’s the only time I can get any work done!
Thank you so much for having me!!
Caisey Quinn lives in Birmingham, Alabama with her husband, daughter, and other assorted animals. She is the bestselling author of the Kylie Ryans series as well as several New Adult Romance novels featuring country girls finding love in unexpected places. You can find her online at www.caiseyquinnwrites.com
ots of easy entry options to win a signed Pretty Girls Read tote filled with signed books by Alice Clayton, Monica Murphy, Emma Chase, S.C. Stephens, & more!